This week, after spending much needed time camping in the woods through the holiday weekend, I’ve added additional structure to my weekly routine:
- Monday: “Free Day” – Wake up at 8:45-9a. I use this day to orchestrate the week ahead, check emails, moderate PolyPlane and check in with clients. This process takes about 1.5 hours and opens up the rest of the day for thought-walks, experiments and educational sessions. Recently, After Effects has been my most engaged project. I’ve learned a ton about it and am LOVING Element 3D. So freaking good.
- Tuesday: “Work Day 1” – Wake up at 8-8:15a, get coffee and meditate, check email, perform any and all concept design and check in with client account managers on project statuses. If revisions are needed, execute them. If activity is clear, write business-centric blog. This usually frees me up by 11am or noon. Spend the afternoon performing thought-walks, experiments and educational sessions. At 5:30-7:30 go play/exercise by way of Circuit Bouldering Gym,
- Wednesday: “Work Day 2” – Wake up at 8-8:15a, get coffee and meditate, check email, record PolyPlane video (~1.5-4 hours including set-up). Once this is done, put it aside. Spend the afternoon looking at media outlets for business opportunities, books and blogs for inspiration and spend a little time walking.
- Thursday: “Work Day 3” – Wake up at 8-8:15a, get coffee and meditate, check email, perform any and all concept design and check in with client account managers on project statuses. If revisions are needed, execute them. If activity is clear, write personal-centric blog. This will usually wrap up around noon or 2p. Spend the first part of the afternoon enjoying some house-work and the latter walking, writing, breathing. In the later part of the afternoon play/exercise by way of running 2-4 miles. Dinner. In bed by midnight after playing some games.
- Friday: “Work Day 4” – Wake up at 8-8:15a, get coffee and meditate, check email, verify project statuses and close any open change orders on projects. Edit and produce PolyPlane video. Write PolyPlane content for the week, post and schedule the entry for Monday. This wraps up at around 1pm. Spend the rest of the day connecting with people, spending a little time learning, preparing for any social activities that might happen in the evening or weekend.
- Saturday | Sunday: Whatever happens. Sunday night I have to unlock the content for PolyPlane. The rest of the time is typically going to go towards house work, social time, making breakfast and smiling.
Alright, folks, I’ve gotta dinner party to prep cook for.